What are some of the things you can do to bring a project to life?
Check out some of these real project ideas from past Gold Award Candidates!
- Conduct workshops about art, anti-bullying, etc.
- Create educational games
- Create a website
- Write a blog
- Make a
video about self-love, confidence, or interviews with veterans
- Create a PSA
- Create a social media campaign
- Create tutorials to teach something
a comic book
together a collection or organize a drive to create awareness on your
- Create activity kits for afterschool
- Prepare emergency kits for families, and bring
awareness about emergency preparedness
- Organize a community
festival to highlight an issue you would like to address
- Paint schools, benches, libraries, fences, or remove
- Makeover school bathrooms (address issues like stall
doors not closing, the lack of sanitary pads, etc.)
- Run an
extreme couponing campaign for your local pantry
your local library, school,
bathrooms, or local park
- Create petitions for children's playgrounds to install new
- Create petitions to create a dog park in your
- Plan to create a local garden
- Start a recycling campaign
- Conduct research and inform communities about an issue your
community is facing.
For more ideas, click here to download our most recent Gold Award
program booklet, featuring profiles of New York City Gold Awardees and
an overview of their projects!