To keep Girl Scouts and their families healthy, we ask everyone to adhere to the following criteria. In addition, troop leaders should share these guidelines with troop families and collaborate with caregivers to assess their ability to comply. For example, younger Girl Scouts may find it difficult to remain socially distant and/or wear masks. If Girl Scouts cannot comply with guidelines below, troop activities should remain virtual at this time.
- GSGNY requires all troop meetings to follow NYC COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Troop leaders should have parents/caregivers fill out an Attendee Log at each meeting, trip, or event.
- All groups must follow the Girl Scout-to-adult ratio, as
outlined on page 4 of GSGNY’s Safety
- All groups must follow the NYC Department of Health’s COVID-19 guidelines for Child Care Programs in both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Wash hands regularly and wipe down high-touch areas before and
- Never attend an in-person Girl
Scout meeting, event, or other activity when exhibiting a fever or
other indications of illness, while waiting for COVID test results,
or if under quarantine.
- Limit shared items
that are touched on by participants, including food, to the greatest
- Discuss these requirements
and troop plans with parents and caregivers to get their support or
to allow them to make other choices for their Girl Scout.
- First Aid kits should include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), supplies such as hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol), tissues, disposable facemasks, and disinfectant. Disposable or no-contact thermometers should be supplied if available and not cost-prohibitive.