To be eligible for the Future Woman of Distinction Award, each applicant must:
- Be a registered Girl Scout entering the 12th grade in the fall of 2012 or a registered Girl Scout entering the 11th grade who received her Gold Award in 2012 (Note: you do not need to have received your Gold Award to qualify if you are entering the 12th grade).
- Be bound for higher education.
- Have a dynamic Girl Scout history, though not necessarily a long one.
- Demonstrate community service and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Have the ability to speak and write clearly.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.
- Show a strong commitment to Girl Scouting and the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
Please note: Applications are due by Friday, August 10, 2012.
Click HERE to download the application.
If you have any questions about the award or application, please contact Jill Scibilia at (212)645-4000, ext. 247