Operation Cookie is a Gift of Caring project that allows buyers to purchase cookies to share with service personnel, local veterans' facilities, and other potential organizations.
In 2014, NYC Girl Scouts sold
over 58,000 boxes of cookies for Operation Cookie
Advantages of the Operation Cookie Program
- Leadership Experience: Girls can employ the Operation Cookie Program to take action on behalf of their community while sharpening their own entrepreneurial talents and skills.
- New Patch: Girls who sell 10 or more boxes for Operation Cookie will receive a new special edition patch.
- 100+ Patch: Girls who sell 100 or more boxes for Operation Cookie will receive a matching 100+ patch.
- Who's Buying? The program gives buyers who do not want to purchase cookies for themselves a great way to support two groups they care about: service personnel and local Girl Scouts!
- Tax-Deductible: Purchases made for Operation Cookie are 100% tax-deductible.
- Your Rebate: Troops receive the same $0.65 rebate for every box they sell without ever having to coordinate a single delivery!
How The Cookies Are Distributed
Each year Girl Scouts of Greater New York works with The USO of Metropolitan New York to distribute cookies purchased on behalf of our Operation Cookie program. The USO has been serving the men and women of our armed forces and their families since 1941, acting as the main support link between Americans and our men and women in uniform. To learn more about The USO of Metropolitan New York, visit www.usonyc.org.
Last year cookies purchased through the Operation Cookie program were distributed to service personnel through several locations, including:
- Fort Hamilton, Brooklyn, NY
- Lexington Avenue Armory, New York, NY
- “Our Troops Online”, a Florida-based organization that includes Girl Scout Cookies in care packages sent to service personnel overseas.
Cookies were also shared with City Harvest, an organization dedicated to feeding New York City’s hungry men, women, and children.
Cookies purchased through the Operation Cookie program are shared with service personnel, local veterans’ facilities, and other potential community-based organizations like City Harvest.
For more information on Operation Cookie, email the Product Sales department at email@example.com.