"Camp Kaufmann will always be in my heart. Besides making lots of new friends, meeting great role models, and getting a chance to connect with nature, I also had a chance to learn what leadership is about. I will always look forward to going back." Rosie
Our Get Outdoors Guide is here!
We're proud to bring you our 2015-2015 "Get Outdoors" Guide, full of activities for New York City's Girl Scouts, both here within the five boroughs, as well as at Camp Kaufmann, our Girl Scout camp in Dutchess County!
To download, click HERE.
There are so many benefits to being outside. Girls can try new things, build their team-building skills, meet new friends, feel a connection to the natural world, and enjoy the fresh air.
Living in an amazing city like New York can provide so many unique opportunities, but sometimes you need to break out of the concrete jungle and enjoy the benefits of the outdoors.
It’s no surprise that people are advocating to get more girls in the outdoors, because the benefits are endless! During outdoor experiences girls…
- Develop a strong sense of self
- Develop positive values
- Gain practical skills
- Seek challenges in the world
- Develop critical thinking
- Develop healthy relationships
- Can resolve conflicts
- Advance diversity in a multicultural world
- Can identify community needs
- Feel connected to their communities, locally and globally
- Are resourceful problem solvers
- Advocate for themselves and others locally and globally
- Educate and inspire others to act
- Feel empowered to make a difference in the world
As you read through this brochure, you’ll notice that there are lots of ways for you and girls to enjoy the outdoors. No matter the length of your experience, girls will certainly benefit from it.
We hope to see you and your girls outdoors this year!
- Once confirmed, you can make online payments here
Questions? Contact Nelly Nickerson, Camp Program Associate at email@example.com or 212-645-4000x214.